A student’s appearance or mode of dress or cleanliness will not be permitted to disrupt the educational process or constitute a threat to health or safety. Specific guidelines are as follows:
- Shorts/Skirts: Shorts/skirts length must be no shorter than fingertip length when the student’s arms are placed at his/her side. No cheer shorts are to be worn to school.
- Jeans/Pants: Jeans and pants may not have tears or holes above the knee and should not expose the body or underwear. Sag-style pants are not permitted.
- Footwear: Dress shoes, tennis shoes, sandals, or boots. No flip-flops, slippers, or slides.
- Miscellaneous Apparel: Sunglasses, hats, bandanas and athletic headbands will not be permitted. Spiked jewelry, chains or cords are not permitted to be worn or carried, including those attached to metal objects, wallets, belt loops, and clothing.
- Shirts: All shirts must have sleeves. Bare shoulders will not be permitted, including bare midriff tops, spaghetti straps, tank tops and backless tops. Hoods on sweatshirts cannot be worn on top of the head. Violations to this rule will be strictly enforced.
- Graphics, Photos, etc.: Articles of clothing may not contain profane, blasphemous, provocative, or obscene photos, slogans, or other graphics. No article of clothing may be imprinted with slogans, photos or graphics, which refer to alcohol, guns, violence, drugs, sex or tobacco.
Any clothing or apparel, jewelry, accessory or manner of grooming which by virtue of its color, arrangement, trademark, symbol or any other attribute, which indicates or implies membership or affiliation with a gang or secret society, is prohibited.
Students who report to school wearing articles of clothing that have been prohibited will be asked to change or call home for different clothing. Repeat offenders will be dealt with under the discipline policy. All decisions concerning dress code violations will be at the discretion of the administration.